Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekly Us Weekly Musings

So I missed a weekly Us Weekly post that would have been about the Beyonce-Jay-Z wedding cover story. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Z, but we have to keep moving forward with the most recent Us Weekly, instead of getting caught up in what's old news at this point. This week, Mariah Carey graced the cover. The story is, of course, focused on Mariah's having lost 20 pounds, just in time for a new CD release, and right after Mariah's appearance on Oprah. Now here's the thing -- one of Mariah's Oprah segments was of Mariah in her NYC apartment, doing exercises in an in-door swimming pool. So I got to thinking: how many NYC residences have in-door swimming pools anyway? Am I just not with the program, or is it somewhat of a rarity? So, for a day, I was convinced, that Mariah must live in the Time-Warner Building, just a few blocks away from me. After all, the big selling point you always hear about with the Time-Warner penthouses are their swimming pools. And where else would you get an in-door pool in New York anyway? Well, today I googled it, and guess what, like every other celebrity in New York, Mariah lives in Tribeca. Yes, she has a three-story loft that, apparently, contains a swimming pool. Alas, Mariah Carey isn't my neighbor, in-door pools are seemingly not that hard to come by, and I obviously have to hang out in Tribeca more often if I'm ever going to spot a celebrity.

No comments: