Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ugged Out

Last December, Oprah once again unleashed her list of favorite things on the world. And on the list this year was the Ugg Classic Crochet Tall Boot (pictured above). This is the slouchy knit boot that keeps Oprah's feet comfy and cozy, with a sock lining that makes her feel like she's walking on a cloud. And, of course, the minute Oprah uttered the word "Ugg," these babies went like hotcakes.

I was hoping to get my hands on a pair right after Christmas, but my size in black was sold out everywhere. And I mean everywhere. I tried all the stores, all the websites. No one seemed to have it. I was even ready to get the Ugg Classic Cardy, which is actually a cute variation of the Classic Crochet with three wooden buttons on the side (pictured below). Still, nowhere could I find my size in any color I liked, even outside of black. . . . That is, until I randomly walked into a store called "David Z" on Brooklyn's Kings Highway two weeks ago. There it was, an Ugg Classic Cardy in black, staring at me. And guess what? They had plenty in size 7! And it was the real deal too -- regular price, brand new, packaged in a box, with the Ugg stamp on the back. The salesman informed me that both the Classic Cardy and Classic Crochet became limited edition boots and are no longer being made, thus the unavailability (or so he said).

I got the boots, and I love my boots. They're even better than the Classic Cardy because the wooden buttons allow them to be styled buttoned up, slouched down, slightly unbuttoned, or completely cuffed down. And yes, Oprah was right -- it's like walking on a cloud.

So if you're longing for a pair of your own in whatever size or color you can't find anywhere, have I got a tip for you! David Z sells the Classic Cardy online: http://davidzinc.stores.yahoo.net/ug5819-blk.html or in person in many of their Manhattan and Brooklyn stores: http://davidzinc.stores.yahoo.net/stores.html. You're welcome, reader. You're welcome, David Z.

No comments: