Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Oscars Streaming Blog: Part II

Finally -- Tina Fey and Steve Martin -- a breath of fresh air and some humor! Can either of them replace Hugh Jackman as the host mid-show? ...And Ben Stiller is hilarious! I don't believe he's ever hosted ...that would be great to see one day...maybe today? -- please?! Anyway, I'm happy to see the Duchess win for costumes -- it really deserved it. And if WallE hadn't won for best animated feature, that would have been ridiculous. ...I still have to see Slumdog Millionaire. My bet is (from what I've heard about it) that it wins best movie tonight. I think that Kate Winslet will win best actress...even though there's talk that her speech at the Golden Globes annoyed everyone enough to award the Oscar to someone else. She was really great this year. As for best actor, I haven't seen Milk, but I think Sean Penn deserves to get an Oscar after all these years of great performances. (As you can tell, I'm just not prepared for the Oscars this year, but I've been meaning to see Slumdog...I promise! I'll have to see it this week.) These are all predictions, but what I know for sure is that Leo totally got gypped this year -- he deserved to get a nod for Revolutionary Road.

1 comment:

WJW said...

FYI: Sean Penn won in 2004 for the 2003 film Mystic River.