Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Midnight Sun

This post is for Twilight fans. Actually, this post is for ignorant Twilight fans who have not kept up with all things Twilight as well as they should!

I'm new to the Twilight phenomenon. I got hooked on the first movie pretty late in the game -- November 2009. Since then, I've read all the books and watched the second movie. And as soon as I finished book 4 (the final book), I got the shakes. You know what I'm talking about -- those shakes you get when you're done with the series and find out there's nothing else left to read. Oh no! That's when I started Googling for any juicy info on when a new book might come out.

And that's when I stumbled upon Midnight Sun.

Midnight Sun was meant to be a companion book to the first Twilight, retelling the story of how Bella and Edward met...but through Edward's eyes (and through the eyes of everyone around him, as he can read their minds). Unfortunately, a draft of the book was leaked back in August 2008, when Stephenie Meyer had written only twelve chapters. Since then, she's stopped further work on the book indefinitely. Fortunately, she's decided to make the draft available to her fans on her website.

In my opinion, Midnight Sun is the best book of the series, even in its uncompleted, unedited form. (I'm currently re-reading it, in conjunction with Twilight. Obsess much?) If you've made it to the end of this post, I take it you're a fan. If you're a fan, you must read this book. And then tell me what you think.

No comments: